Craving something sweet? Throw these vegan snickerdoodles together in a matter of minutes!
Isn’t a last-minute trip to the grocery store the worst? This vegan snickerdoodle recipe is awesome because it uses classic ingredients that you probably already have at home:
- Vegetable shortening (Crisco) or Vegan Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Cream of Tartar
- Baking Soda
- Almond Milk (or water)
Should your use Vegetable Shortening or Vegan Butter?
The short answer is either one will work for this vegan snickerdoodles recipe. Nutritionally, shortening has less saturated fat, but Vegan Butter has cleaner ingredients (no hydrogenated oils).
Start by mixing the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix it up well at this stage. You don’t want any sour spots in your cookies!
Beat the wet ingredients, including the sugar, vanilla extract, shortening (or vegan butter), and the gelled flax
Slowly add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Use your hands to form the dough into a ball. It will be pretty sticky- which is good because the sugar and cinnamon coating will cling to the outside.
Roll the dough into small balls and toss them in your cinnamon-sugar coating.
Place them about 2 inches apart from each other on a silicone-lined baking sheet. Pop them in the oven at 375℉ for 10 minutes. The house will start to smell really good soon!
They will still be soft. To prevent breaking, let them sit for a few minutes before transferring them to a plate (or your mouth!)
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 ⅓ cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- Sugar-Cinnamon Coating
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix Flax Egg Combine flax seeds and water in a small bowl. Give a quick stir and let it sit to gel.
- Combine dry ingredients Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat wet ingredients Add sugar, butter, vanilla extract, almond milk, and gelled flax egg to a mixing bowl on medium speed.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients on medium-low speed,
- Roll cookies Remove the mixing bowl from the stand mixer so you can use your hands to form the dough into a ball. Take about a tablespoon of dough and roll it between your palms to form a ball. Roll dough balls in your cinnamon. sugar coating and place about 2 inches apart on a silicone-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Let them cool before removing them from the baking sheet.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn a small commission from links I recommend on other sites. Thank you for helping to support this blog! Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.