This vegan honey mustard is the perfect balance of creamy, sweet, spicy, and tangy.
It only needs 4 ingredients!
- Vegan sour cream for emulsification
- Pure maple syrup for sweetness
- Spicy brown mustard for flavor and heat
- Vinegar for tang
How to use Vegan Honey Mustard
- Top your Vegan Chicken & Waffles
- Toss onto green beans, potatoes, and carrots before roasting
- Dip for fried cauliflower nuggets
- Dress a salad
Health Benefits of Mustard Seed
The extracts and oils of mustard seed are thought to be antibacterial and anti-cancerous due to the compound allyl isothiocyanate.
Prepare all the ingredients: vinegar, vegan sour cream, maple, and honey mustard.
For reference, this is the brand of sour cream that I use. It is from Harris Teeter and is made out of butter beans, oats, coconut oil, stabilizers, and citric and lactic acid.
The next step is to just combine everything in a small bowl. You can also use a blender or a food processor for a smoother consistency.
This recipe makes about 6 ounces of dressing. You can use it as a marinade for roasted vegetables, dip for fried cauliflower, or as a salad dressing!
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup vegan sour cream
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or food processor
- Blend until combined
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn a small commission from links I recommend on other sites. Thank you for helping to support this blog! Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.